Opened Eyes: Miracle MudOctober 20, 2013
Leadership LeverageOctober 29, 2013
I believe that common order brings uncommon Glory.
The same is true in the work and progress we make every day. Technology is either a toy or a tool, it’s all you use it.Over the years I’ve found some tools that help me stay on track, stay focused, and get more things done for the vision.
- Tasks in Todoist.
- Speak in SLACK.
- Talk in Telegram.
Team Members on all levels who work with me need to understand the difference of working “IN” the vision, and working “ON” the vision. If you’ve been invited to my ToDoist team, congrats…You’re working “ON” the vision.
Below is the process I use to flow through a day and project:
MEtime: Portion of time that I use to focus on my responsibilities. Everything from personal to professional, it’s a focused time where I get to work and take care of others by taking care of myself. Communication is typically limited during this time. (Typically morning & late night)
TEAMtime: Available to my immediate team to guide and decide any thing needed to support you.
- All system type approvals happen between 3:30pm – 4:15pm
- Purchase Orders
- Questions From The Source
- ToDoist Filters (Guide & Decide)
Using ToDoist With Andrew:
1. Create the task with whatever wording you choose. (Start the task with a verb for more motivation;)
2. Assign the task to yourself as the “DRI” of that specific task.
3.Add any reference material that may benefit me for context.
(Premium users, like you, can add photos, voice recordings, links to articles, etc)
4. Add the label TEAM by writing “@team” and assign the date you want me to engage it.
*Note:The filter I use to view Team tasks includes the label @TEAM and the current date. Any task that does’t have those variables will not make the list I view daily.
5. I will add comments as needed and then check off as completed when I’m finish with it.
If you decide to uncheck the task for further personal progress needs, please take the @TEAM label off.
Examples Of Things You Add To Andrew’s ToDoist
- “Approve video for YFR.”
- “Meet with Carey about Healing Center Things”
- “Guide the purchase of new security cameras for campus.”
- “Discuss new network procedures with Sean and Cody”
I approach TEAM time different every day based off of the schedule in other areas. Factors like my location (Columbus, Brookshire, Travel, Etc) all play into what will actually get done. If I change the “due date” of the task, don’t get offended, just know that I want to be able to give you 100% of my focus.
**Updated Video: Same process just visually in a video format. **